CASA of the TN Heartland is currently accepting resume’s for a Full-Time Advocate/ Development Coordinator for our Blount County program.
CASA Advocate Coordinator/Development Coordinator
An Advocate Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the program in
their county and supervising volunteers in accordance with CASA’s values,
policies and standards. In a busy professional setting, candidates must be good
team players, know how to prioritize tasks and manage their time well. Advocate
Coordinators will report to the Executive Director.
- Advocate Coordinators should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to CASA’s goals and mission.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the CASA volunteer.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect given preference.
Advocate Coordinators will report on a regular basis to the Program Director and/or the
As a member of the team at CASA of the Tennessee Heartland, Advocate Coordinators will share the responsibility to ensure that the CASA program is carried out in an efficient, thorough and responsible manner that reflects its mission, values, policies and standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Update data and records in the CASA referral log and CASA Manager
- Review new cases and assign appropriate volunteers
- Help volunteers through each stage of their cases – be available when they need help and provide support at hearings.
- Ensure necessary reports are submitted to the court in a timely manner
- Review and distribute volunteer court reports
- Maintain case and volunteer files
- Maintain a court calendar
- Participate in volunteer evaluations with the Program Director
- Attend staff meetings and assist with the annual program evaluation
- Assist with volunteer appreciation
- Assist with recruiting new CASA volunteers
- Follow up with volunteer inquiries
- Screen and interview potential CASA volunteers
- Schedule and train new CASA volunteers (with assistance)
- Schedule, coordinate and attend in-service trainings
- Attend appropriate meetings to assist with community awareness, development, and volunteer support
- Assist Administrative Office with recruitment
- Assist Administrative Office with community development
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as requested by the Operations and /or Executive Director
- Provide Executive Director with monthly reports for grant reporting purposes
Qualified Applicants may send resume to Director@casatnh.org